April 1/2 — Mega World Dev Report
Today we’re back with a fresh Developer Report — our bi-weekly drop of information about all things surrounding Mega World development.
We’re sharing what’s being done, including thought processes behind certain things and decisions made during the development process, as well as our departments’ points of view on various things.
Have you seen those fancy new Citizens? We’ve made them run, jump and stay idle. Complex gestures and emotions unique to Traits are on the way.
Shown is the first preview of animations for the next-gen Avatars delivered by a new team of concept artists joined the art department this month.
GD dep. is actively iterating on interactive objects and interior items for the World inventing the rules to be applied within three basic principles:
- Collect — one is able to acquire an item (pick it up or get in a Task)
- Craft — combine several items into one with little effort on a Workbench
- Use — once applied an item will disappear or have its durability decreased
New Avatars Coming
Bringing diversity and fun to the game with upgraded avatars now featuring three body types (Skinny / Normie / Fatso), all the possible colors and millions of customization options. Unlike any traditional game it’s not where you choose an Avatar, it’s where an Avatar chooses you.
Plush and Swanky
Developing the very own Mega World chic through improved clothing system will allow for custom coats, hoodies and shorts designed by players. Thanks to volumetric outfit models Avatars will have a more natural and pageantry look.
Things Start to Get Interesting
Time consuming process of baking details is what made us delay the long awaited Tour release. The updated roadmap will look like this:
- Meet The Avatars — April 2022
- MCP3D Evolution with new Municipals — Q2 2022
- Mega World Tour — Q2 2022
- $MEGA Governance — Q3 2022
- New Residentials and Breeding with Traits — Q3 2022
- Mega World Alpha — Q4 2022
- Mega World University — Q4 2022
- The Builder — TBA